This fund has now closed
Gateshead Business Resilience Fund
If you are a small or medium sized business based in the Gateshead Goes Local catchment area with plans to grow & employ more staff, you may be eligible to access grant funding through the Gateshead Business Resilience Fund.
You could access up to 50% grant funding for business improvement projects costing between £2,000 and £10,000 (maximum grant of £5,000).
The Gateshead Business Resilience Fund is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Gateshead Goes Local Community Development Fund and run by Gateshead Council.
We can support you in many different ways to help you grow your business and improve your productivity.
Our grants may be used to buy any of the following:
- Tools or machinery
- Computer equipment
- Premises improvement or expansion
- External consultancy
- Business growth planning
- Strategy development
- HR strategy & development
- Marketing plans & activities
- Website design & development
- Product or process development & diversification
- Financial planning
- Development of systems & procedures
Business Support (Covid-19)
Given the current circumstances (caused by Covid-19) the Fund will also provide grants to support businesses:
- To invest in professional services, building alterations or equipment which will provide essential support and identify opportunities to increase business resilience through new ways of working e.g. the introduction of remote working for staff thereby keeping them in employment.
- That wish to switch production or redirect resource to support national need through assistance towards the cost of specialist advice and equipment/retooling e.g. to manufacture PPE for the NHS.
- Engage with wider business investment activity leading to new job creation linked to recruitment support through Gateshead Works focused on matching vacancies to unemployed and underemployed residents.
The Gateshead Business Resilience Fund provides grants towards business improvement projects – for SMEs located within the Gateshead Goes Local CLLD catchment area.
To be eligible for a grant, the project for which you are applying must not have started and you must be:
- A UK incorporated business that is currently trading
- A small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) with less than 250 employees, annual turnover less than €50m and annual balance sheet less than €43m.
- Located in one of the following eligible Gateshead Goes Local areas: Dunston and Teams, Bridges, Felling, Pelaw and Heworth, Wardley and Leam Lane, Windy Nook and Whitehills, High Fell, Chowdene, Low Fell, Deckham, Saltwell and Lobley Hill and Bensham.
State aid regulations:
- Our grants are State aid and are given as De Minimis aid. Should you be eligible to apply for a grant, your advisor will explain the State aid considerations fully. You may not receive more than €200,000 De Minimis aid in any three year period (the limit is reduced to €100,000 for road freight haulage businesses).
Please note, grants are awarded on a discretionary basis and are subject to eligibility checks and approval.
The Government and the NHS are seeking solutions to support the response to COVID-19. Please find details of all of the current opportunities along with details of grant funding available for businesses who can provide solutions to the challenges we are currently facing.
Covid 19 Opportunities